- Statistics: (15-20% of men and 30-40%, of women) reported being childhood sexual abuse (statistics vary)
- Physical Abuse: both physical and sexual abuse and were associated with subsequent adult victimization.
- Consequences of Sexual Abuse:
- Increased emotional and mental health problems.
- anxiety symptoms
- suicide attempts
- significant disruptions in normal development, lasting into adulthood
- poor self-esteem, shame and self-contempt.
- Drug &Alcohol abuse.
- Treatment: Healing Prayer and or therapy is needed.
- Christian Healing Prayer:
- Mind Renewing Healing Prayer-Healing prayer approach I developed evolving from Theophostic Ministry (a.k.a. Transformation Prayer Ministry); a type of counseling where God brings light into a previously darkened area of a person’s mind.
- Frank Meadows has seen over 20,000 sexual and physical abuse memories completely healed, and symptoms greatly resolved using Mind Renewing Healing Prayer
- ROOT PROBLEM: Is the victim’s “interpretation” of events in memory.
- The Lie: Years later what remains is the child’s interpretation of the abuse and formation of core foundational beliefs or
- The most common types of Lies in abuse:
- Healing Process: the 3 W’s.
PRACTICE THESE STEPS TO BEGIN HEALING
- Open in prayer – Invite the Holy Spirit
- Tune into, feel emotions, body, images.
- Tune into Experiential part of mind.
- Record emotions and lie-based beliefs.
- Reinforce emotions and bodily sensations and follow.
- Emphasize free will and choice.
- Anchor the recipient.
- Invite Jesus – Ask Him to communicate His Truth to their lie-based beliefs.
“I am trapped, powerless, can’t stop it.” I am dirty, bad, shameful, it’s my fault. “I’m terrified, they will hurt me if I don’t comply or if I tell.” “I’m all alone, no one’s there for me. I’m bad, unlovable.”
- Confirm resolution.
For more information:
Jesus, Healer of the Brokenhearted, Frank Meadows
WEBSITE: www.meadowshealingprayercenter.com mailing list for future books, DVD’s and conferences.