One of the Bible’s greatest men of God struggled with rejection and unworthiness. Too many people live a limited existence because of the lies spoken over us. Like many of us, David was invalidated and seen as “unimportant” by his Father and older brothers.
As the youngest son, His father didn’t even consider him significant enough to be brought into the lineup when the Prophet Samuel came to anoint one of his sons as king. (1 Samuel 16:1-13).
He was mistreated by his older brothers: They mocked him and told him to go back and tend the sheep when he asked to fight Goliath – as a young shepherd-boy. (1 Samuel 17:26-29).
Through healing, God wants to lead us to breakthrough: The Lord revealed Himself to David and now to us this day, as Baal-Perazim, the Lord of “breaking through.”
So David went to Baal Perazim, and David defeated them there; and he said, “The Lord has broken through my enemies before me, like a breakthrough of water.” Therefore he called the name of that place Baal Perazim. 2 Samuel 5:20
- The main way the enemy attacks our identity and sense of self is to attack our self-esteem, worth and value at an early age.
- He does this by planting lie-based beliefs as we interpret painful life situations and events, and he reinforces them.
- BLESSING AND CURSING
God’s plan and will is to bless us. Examples:
- Unconditional love
- Releases destiny
Satan’s plan is for us to live a cursed life. Examples:
- Lack of affirmation
- SURVIVING but not THRIVING.
- Wounding occurs during childhood
- Lie-based beliefs are planted
- Broken or distorted grid or lenses we see ourselves through
- We believe that we live a limited, diminished existence
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10:10
- HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? Situation Examples:
- Abuse victim (sexual, physical, emotional, psychological, etc.)
- Rejection and abandonment
- Learning Disabilities and ADHD
- Perfectionistic parents. Living in a mentality of: “I can’t please them.”
- Addictive parents (drugs, alcohol, smoking, etc.)
- Lies implanted in our minds produces mental strongholds.
- Key to Healing: Hearing who God says we are instead of man.
As a man thinks in his heart so is he. Proverbs 23:7
…For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7
For more information:
Book (Available on Amazon) Link: amzn.to/2lcNUVi
Jesus, Healer of the Brokenhearted, Frank Meadows
Join the mailing list for future books, DVD’s and conferences.
Download this guide here: https://goo.gl/iXcXAv